Thursday, December 25, 2008

Sabbatical

Merry Christmas!

The word sabbatical comes from the word sabbath, which means to stop. I'll be stopping as a pastor from December 25, 2008 to February 25, 2008 to refocus, renew, revive, rest, review, revise ... and probably a few dozen more words that start with "re." So, I won't be adding articles to this blog until afterwards. Feel free to leave comments, as long as you are OK with the possibility that I won't be able to post them until after the sabbatical. For any help on Bible reading or Bible study during my sabbatical contact Pastors Jay or Dave at Goodwill. 

Use the new year to set up a new Bible reading plan for yourself. I hope that you find the articles and comments on this blog a helpful resource for doing this. 

May God richly bless you in 2009!

4 comments:

christopher said...

May your time during this time be according to His time and bring enrichment and growth in your ministry. Bless you and your family! CPD>

Anonymous said...

May the Lord refresh you, renew you and inspire you. If He has called you to this, be prepared for wonders! Tom and I shall pray that this time be a time of strengthening and peace. We thank you for the blessings your ministry has given to us. Pick up your mat and walk in the light of His Presence in a new way these next months!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May the Lord richly bless you and your family.

Thank you for spurring us on to deeper bible study this new year. I had volunteered to journal. This is the link for my bible study journal/blog/thing:
http://kardiakaio.blogspot.com/.

The ESV study notes are amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity to hear from the Lord! Enjoy your time with Him!

I am using the Archeological Study Bible and the Discipleship Journal plan of 25 readings each month (to allow for missed days). His word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path!