Monday, December 8, 2008

2009 Bible Reading Plans Overview

For 2009, I've come up with three unique Bible reading plans. I've limited the offerings to three this year in order to invest more quality thought into each offering. I can come up with 100 Bible reading plans in 2 hours, but most will never be tried. I want to be like any good company or store and limit my offerings. No store sells everything and stays in business, so the Goodwill Church (free) Bible Reading Plan Store plans to stay focused, especially in light of the recession - the Bible reading recession that is. 

Let me unveil the plans first. I'll write separate articles about each plan shortly. As you read this you should hum a theme such as "Rocky" or the theme for the 4th movement of Beethoven 9th or the 1st movement of his 5th.  

Here they are (briefly introduced in outline form):
  
THE SHERLOCK
- The namesake for this plan is: Sherlock Holmes
- It features a yearlong plan for theme-focused Bible study and devotions

THE EINSTEIN
- The namesake for this plan is: Albert Einstein 
- This is a plan for reading through the Bible in a year using the new ESV Study Bible. This is the hard plan.

THE BUFFET
The namesake for this plan can be: Jimmy Buffet or Warren Buffet :)
- This is the "easy" plan, so to speak. It features "indulgence" (or investment) of a spiritual nature like pastor-theologian John Piper writes about: Christian Hedonism

In reading these, I hope you are intrigued. Stay tuned for details and explanations. Kick off for the plans is January 1, 2009. Also. I'm looking for representatives for each plan: people who will be willing to journal their year working the plan they chose. 

Begin to pray now about how God wants to spend precious time with you in His Word this next year. Keep in mind that this is very important to Him. What a blessing this is.



3 comments:

christopher said...

Put me in Einstein...I have been praying and waiting and my answer has arrived...Blessings, CPD.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the plans - intriguing names! BTW - really enjoying Dr. Boice's 4 volumes on Romans.

Anonymous said...

Can I hum something from the Ramones?

Christian Hedonism: God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.

Einstein: "I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details."

Wow, I can't wait for more details. This is going to be life changing.