Monday, October 27, 2008

What's your favorite version of the Bible?

Ok, Folks. Thanks for the interest and visits so far! I've added a poll. What is your favorite Bible version? If you want to add a comment here on why, that will help too. Remember, lots of people are looking at this, so maybe they can learn a little from you. I think the poll is open for 30 days. One vote, one person, please - just like in voting for President of the United States. 

Thanks again. May God bless your reading of and time spent with His Word.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt 28:20

"Surely I will be with you always,
to the very end of the age."

It's the first scripture that came alive for me, He meant me & He meant now & forever! Right then, I was born again.

Anonymous said...

My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:2-3

This is the verse I try and live by with God's grace. It was the first one I read that resounded the true meaning of Christianity for me. To understand the wisdom and knowledge of Christ means knowing the peace and joy of God and I continue to aspire to hold onto this in my heart so that God is not so intangible.

Anonymous said...

My favorite version of the Bible this year is the New Living Translation which I find easy to read and it translates different to add a different dimension to the verses.

Chris said...

My favorite translation of the Bible is The New Revised Standard.
I find that it is easier to read than KJV but seems "authentic" to
the King James. I happened upon the NRSV at General Montgomery day
some years ago. The Montgomery Library was having a used book sale and I bought an old NRSV Bible. I have been using it as my primary readng bible since.