Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Just Don't Do Any Bible Reading

OK, well now is a good time to start, and the first question is time. What time will you do this and how much time will you invest in this. The key here is to find windows of time where you can be flexible in the long run and to determine how much time you will spend and where. So that's three questions you have to answer: 1) when will I do this, 2) how long will I take, and 3) where will I do this. Even five minutes a day is better than nothing. You can read at your desk at work, in the bathroom, in bed right before you go to sleep or right before you get up, in the car before you pull out of your driveway, in your car at lunch, and even in the shower. (To read Scripture in the shower, use your computer and any of the Bible sites I give you links to in this blog. Paste the Scriptures to a document and print it out in chapters or books. Put individual sheets in plastic sheet protectors. Most of the time the plastic sheet protector will simply stick to the tile wall of the shower and you will be able to spend the time you shower with the Word!) If you have any questions about Bible reading, please post them as comments to this blog. Thanks! May God richly bless your time with His Word!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a long time since I had a bible reading habit. My plan is to take 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night just to read the Bible. I will also add time to do word studies or personal bible teachings. For example, desire in verse 16 of Psalm 145: what is the original word in Hebrew? Where else is it used? How does that pertain to my life today?
I just purchased a lap desk so that I can sit on my bed and do my studies. I am going to start tonight.

John said...

Hi Rosie:

Desire here is a translation of the Hebrew word "ratsown." It's like hunger, thirst ... that kind of thing.

Thanks,
John